Register
View: 178|Reply: 14
Collapse the left

Let’s have a Mental Health Check in

[Copy link]
Post time: 2024-4-24 22:20
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Picxie at 2024-4-24 22:28

Many of us craft to help with our mental health. I have struggled with PTSD and depression for a very long time and some days, I fall to the bottom. Where I feel like the world would actually be better without me. On those days, I know I should reach out... but it is hard to do. So, let's have a check in! If you are doing great, reply with a :loveliness: , if you are doing ok :) , if you are feeling sad :( and if you would like someone to reply to you :'(
Please make sure you know helplines for your country like Samaritans or Mind (UK) and if you are in crisis, please call emergency services!

Remember: you are beautiful just the way you are, you matter, you are strong, be kind to yourself

Today is the best day to love yourself!

Rate

Number of participants 4Gold Coins +35 Collapse Reason
BoingBoing + 10 *hugs*
Sash/NeLi + 1 Excellent!
Gsells1930 + 4 Thank you very much for asking!
pitussa + 20 I feel you

View Rating Log

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2024-4-25 00:15
| Show all posts
Edited by pitussa at 2024-4-24 17:19

I am not *currently* struggling with my mental health, but I have been in the past. Depression, a bit of OCD, eating disorders... I was lucky to find a good therapist and a doctor that prescribed the meds I needed back then.

This is just to say that you can get better, and that treatment works. I have been doing so much better for years, and I now have the tools to get back on track when dealing with stressful stuff, or bad things life throws at you.

The reason I started crocheting is because I had a hard time getting a job (10 years ago), being an older woman in IT is very hard, and it felt like a holiday at the beginning, but it soon became a nightmare, not having a purpose, just doing house chores, not having "a life".
So I went to YouTube and learned with Mike's crochet crowd (TheCrochetCrowd, mikeyssmail). This got me out of a mild depression (no job, feeling worthless) and the rest is history. I'm hooked! ;)
Then I also learned to knit with Stacy (verypinkknits), because I was drooling all over the beautiful color-work sweaters you see people knit. And here we are!

If you are struggling with mental health, get a blood-work checkup, specially your thyroid and your blood iron!

Sometimes things are off-balance and your metal health suffers for things that are super easy to treat!
Reply Support 4 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-25 09:22
| Show all posts

Oh thank you so much for the gift and caring. It really did make my day! My mother got pretty mean towards the end and said things that will be with me for the rest of my life and I was not always nice either which I now feel guilty for. Now I have all these health problems and along with it comes financial and relationship problems. It is very nice when you find someone who understands your struggles and accepts you with all your flaws. Again, thank you so much for the helping hand with the coins. They will bring me a lot of joy.  <3
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-24 23:22
| Show all posts
I also started crochet to deal with depression and stress, it helps me a lot with anxiety too, but I´ve been feeling down lately, I have no friends or family so that makes things a bit harder since I have to pick myself up :(

Comments

Isolation when being depressed is so hard, I too struggle with social contacts so often feel very lonely. Let me know if you want to chat  Post time 2024-4-25 00:29
If you need to chat, I'm available!  Post time 2024-4-25 00:16

Rate

Number of participants 2Gold Coins +22 Collapse Reason
Picxie + 2 You are amazing
pitussa + 20 I feel you too

View Rating Log

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-25 02:25
| Show all posts
:(  I am struggling. I have a lot of serious health issues and always have a feeling of impending doom which makes me feel like life is just too difficult to deal with. To top it all off I have a husband who is not really sympathetic and ignores me in my pain and depression. I also have cognitive issues with my brain with white matter and bleeds as well as tumors in my brain stem and shrinking brain so I pretty much know whats coming for me eventually. I took care of my mother in her dementia and I do not want to put my children through that. So many things it gets overwhelming. Still, i try to find things I love and being here is a big one for me. These days I collect patterns more then actually crochet because of my hands being so painful. Plus no money to buy patterns or yarn. I use what is donated to me. I had about 3 thousand coins before the site had issues and got so excited when it got back I spent them all in one day..lol...so now I am almost broke. I really want the woobles pattern but will never be able to afford them because I am slow at collecting coins. Oh well....story of my life.  Thanks for asking this. Just typing all this does help. I am very lonely sometimes and chatting (venting my feelings) can help.  <3

Comments

I am so sorry for your struggles, my mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s just before Xmas and it is scary! I honestly don’t know the woman anymore, she was never warm and fuzzy but now all her neg  Details Reply Post time 2024-4-25 02:50
I am so sorry you are facing all this, that is a lot! I too had a useless husband, best thing he ever did for us was leave. I will happily give you some coins  Post time 2024-4-25 02:41

Rate

Number of participants 2Gold Coins +23 Collapse Reason
Picxie + 3 For you
pitussa + 20 I feel you too

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2024-4-25 02:50
| Show all posts
Gsells1930

Login/Register to enlarge
2024-4-25 02:25

I am struggling. I have a lot of serious health issues and always have a feeling of impending do ...

I am so sorry for your struggles, my mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s just before Xmas and it is scary! I honestly don’t know the woman anymore, she was never warm and fuzzy but now all her negative traits are amplified by a million it seems. It must be so frightening to have a „ticking time bomb“ in your head and feel so betrayed by your own body. Please feel free to message me anytime, I’m in a different timeline to you (UK), but I will pick up my pms and reply and we may even be online at the same time some times. In the meantime I’m trying to figure out how to gift you some coins, I have more than enough to share some out to you.

Comments

Oh thank you so much for the gift and caring. It really did make my day! My mother got pretty mean towards the end and said things that will be with me for the rest of my life and I was not always nic  Details Reply Post time 2024-4-25 09:22

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-25 15:38
| Show all posts
:) very kind of you.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-25 23:15
| Show all posts
:( Not gonna elaborate, I may or may not have recently ugly cried because I could relate too much to a video game character at a random moment. It sucks that there are just some things docs tend to just ignore because of the patient's age, gender, ethnicity, etc, and the fact that therapy and mental care can be prohibitively expensive and/or the waitlists are ridiculously long. Anyhow, this too shall pass. It always does. Until it comes back with a vengeance.

Comments

Ohh snap I’ve been there … or when you read a book/watch a film and the author kills off your fav character, the feels are real  Post time 2024-4-25 23:24

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-30 22:04
| Show all posts
BoingBoing

Login/Register to enlarge
2024-4-25 23:15

Not gonna elaborate, I may or may not have recently ugly cried because I could relate too much to ...

sometimes you jut need to hit life with a bit of "it is what it is"  until it gets better (only sometimes tho)

Comments

Well said  Post time 2024-5-1 12:49

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-5-1 03:45
| Show all posts
:) Thank goodness today so far seems to be a good daily on the mental health front even if things are iffy in the physical health realm. Take one day, one moment at a time. When things are rough, doing just one thing that is positive and will help me to feel better is enough. That is usually a nice warm shower as it is good to be clean and warm, and the warmth helps with chronic physical pain.

*.{\/)
..{ . .}
.c(“)(“)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-4 21:00 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.045717 sec., 15 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list