Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 2490|Reply: 28
Collapse the left

[Knitting] knitting without seams

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-4-6 15:41
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by anniekins at 2016-10-21 03:11

Hi. I would like to learn to knit in the round. I have a toy patten without seams so it is a better finish. Is there a good tutorial to watch, and what are the best circular needles to use.
Thanks

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2018-2-10 07:28
| Show all posts
I agree with loveinspanish that Elizabeth Zimmerman is one of the better teachers out there.  Knitting without Tears and The Knitter's Workshop are 2 of the best beginner's books with DVD out there. I wish I they were available when I was learning how to knit, and knit in the round.

Knitting needles are a very personal choice.  What ever needle you like using is the needle for you.  If they are sold at a knitting shop near you Chiaogoo knitting needles (fixed circular, interchangeable, straights, and double points) are one of the best quality needles available, but they don't cost a fortune.  I use them exclusively now, because the quality is so good, and the price is really good too. (Where I am a fixed Addi circular needle costs $24 and a ChiaoGoo of the same size and length costs $7. Big difference but as far as I'm concerned, the Chiaogoo are the better quality.  The cables are fantastic.  Just my opinion.)  
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-2-16 22:50
| Show all posts
I started knitting 'in the round' about 3 months ago.  I purchased a set of Bamboo circulars from china - 10 different sizes for about £6 - and watched lots of you tube videos.  It took a while especially as I have always held one needle against my body and the size of circulars does not allow this so it was like learning a totally new method of holding the needles.  It is well worth persevering, ( I was about to give up then  it all fell in place ) the end result is so much neater, very little sewing. If you get frustrated just put it aside for a couple of days and try again, you will get there in the end. Re needles I have just ordered another cheap set of bamboo circulars from china so I have a spare set, I really like them.  
Good luck !

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-1-15 00:58
| Show all posts
I really like  Norman from Nimble Needles.  He has a blog and a YouTube channel with lots of tips on many different knitting topics. Remember that circular needles are a good investment because you can use them to knit flat, too. Even better if they are an Interchangeable set!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-1-6 21:43
| Show all posts
I struggled with magic circle until I started pulling my right needle completely through so that it had no stitches on and going into the working stitch, rather than pulling the loop through the middle of the work

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-4-10 23:45
| Show all posts
At first I was really afraid to try magic loop circular knitting, but it turned out to be very easy! It's much less fiddly than double pointed needles, although I still get laddering sometimes.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-12-15 14:51
| Show all posts
I learned to knit in the round from an Elizabeth Zimmerman dvd.  I think it's called Knitting Workshop.  It was really good. There's also a book.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-12-31 08:36
| Show all posts
If you go to you tube, do a search for magic loop knitting. This is a really good way to knit in the round.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-12-1 04:20
| Show all posts
This is a really good way to knit in the round. Thank you very much for sharing!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-10-31 02:02
| Show all posts
¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*• Thanks so much for advice! •*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-1-15 00:26
| Show all posts
Interchangeable circular needles are great and save money!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-4-6 21:23
| Show all posts
I like using good quality metal needles - knitpicks brand makes some really good onces. Their wood ones are nice too.

Comments

lnd
Thank you I will look out for this make.  Details Reply Post time 2015-4-6 22:41

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-4-6 22:23
| Show all posts
If the yarn is too thin, go for lace needles with short cables, those help to knit small objects like toys in the round.

Comments

lnd
Thank you for you help.  Details Reply Post time 2015-4-6 22:43

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2015-4-6 22:41
| Show all posts
tcca 2015-4-6 21:23
I like using good quality metal needles - knitpicks brand makes some really good onces. Their wood o ...

Thank you I will look out for this make.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2015-4-6 22:43
| Show all posts
Kornelia50 2015-4-6 22:23
If the yarn is too thin, go for lace needles with short cables, those help to knit small objects lik ...

Thank you for you help.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-4-11 22:57
| Show all posts
I have the Denise inter-changeable set, I love them, and have never had them come apart.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-4-15 23:06
| Show all posts
I too would like to learn to knit and I'm starting to do it. But still I do not think it is appropriate to use circular needles. anyway good luck for your work

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-5-7 09:59
| Show all posts
I like the plastic needles.  I don't like the metal or the wood needles.  Use whatever your comfortable with, it doesn't matter.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-8-5 03:46
| Show all posts
I think that there aren't rules. If you are confortable with a Kind of needle just use it. You can use metallo with mohair or wooden with silk ...The only think to do is..try

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-8-5 21:53
| Show all posts
if you like, and this is the manner i began, you can see in you tube and search : tutorial to knit in the round...for example. so you can watch and watch and watch :) until you can understand how to move your hands to knit in the round and with circular needles

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 12:42 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.061104 sec., 19 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list