Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
View: 11052|Reply: 167
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] My new toy

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-8-14 02:37
| Show all posts |Read mode
I just got a new tablet for my birthday. It's one with a little pen & you can write on it. It works great for cross stitch patterns, especially as I can make the stitches any size I want so that I can actually see them. I can highlight different stitches with different colors, and use a black line to mark out the stitches as I complete them. Each is a different layer, so I can show just one color stitch that I'm working on, and at the end I can turn everything off so I can see the backstitches. I used to blow up the picture in the printer, then tape all the pages together.

1-tablet1.JPG

1-tablet3.JPG

Rate

Number of participants 5Gold Coins +16 Collapse Reason
mayoungpindiy + 1 Pictures are useful - great tool!
Willow + 5 Lucky you
nitocris + 2 Usefull
geordiesmom + 2 Usefull
selvie + 6 Usefull

View Rating Log

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Related collections:

Post time: 2021-5-12 13:50
| Show all posts
I didn't read all of the posts, but, PatternKeeper on Android is my favorite.  
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-8 01:55
| Show all posts
I have been using eCanvas for cross-stitch for my android. It lets me highlight a single color, mark stitches that are complete and gives me instructions to prepare a file for use from Pattern Maker (so xsd files) which you export as a graphical image then import into the program. It works really well, and the developer seems to be adding features all the time. It is also FREE!!!!

I use a stylus and that works really well. My Samsung doesn't have a built-in pen.

Comments

Yes, this one does those same things. I really like being able to keep the crossed out stitches from different colors as well.  Post time 2016-2-9 01:37
Also, mine has layers, so I can use 1 color, then turn it off and use a different one, with the crossed out stitches in a different layer so they always show.  Post time 2016-2-8 07:11
I will try it, thanks for the info. I sounds like the one I have, although the one I have will ignore it if my hand touches the screen, I kink of like that.  Post time 2016-2-8 07:08
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-3-27 11:50
| Show all posts

I've been using PDF reader but the took that can highlight all colors is pretty amazing.. i just wonder if it can highlight all symbols too... thank you for sharing i will go and check it out :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-5-26 23:43
| Show all posts
Great idea to do it with your tablet.
I do the same with the printed pages - I mark the color I want to stitch with yellow marker and when I finished the colour I mark the stitches again with another marker color (normally green).
So I don't miss a stitch and don't have to change the floss again and again!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-3-18 03:03
| Show all posts
Heh, seems like we have the same tablet. It's old by now of course but after replacing its battery it works just fine. I use it for sheet music too during rehearsals. The stylus is extremely useful, and all the phones I had since I got the tablet were from the same Samsung Galaxy series because of it.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-9 05:49
| Show all posts
thanks for all the great tips & comments I have been thinking about a Samsung tablet with pen, right now I am using my new lap top, I find it is better than having to print all the patterns out & I can scan & join pages together saving all the ink I normally use on my printer.:)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-11 22:30
| Show all posts
waterlillie

Login/Register to enlarge
2015-2-16 04:01

That sounds like a really good app. I have always highlighted the stitches in different colors, but ...

only for pdf's, its also android, I have tried using on windows through an emulator but not much luck, works but isn't at its best

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-11 22:22
| Show all posts
waterlillie

2015-2-16 04:01

That sounds like a really good app. I have always highlighted the stitches in different colors, but ...

only for pdf's, its also android, I have tried using on windows through an emulator but not much luck, works but isn't at its best

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-11 21:39
| Show all posts
waterlillie

2013-12-20 04:21

I use an old music stand. I put some magnetic boards on it. I used to hold the pattern on with magne ...

be careful with the magnets, I had to get my tablet repaired cause I had an earth magnet too close to it, fried the main board

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-17 22:56
| Show all posts
If you have an Android device (or it can be used also on a Kindle Fire with certain modifications), a new program called Pattern Keeper is fantastic. Made specifically for cross stitchers.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-14 02:47
| Show all posts
This is a very neat idea! I wish I could figure out how to do this with my iPad! ;P

Comments

Do you know the name o the app that you are using? I do this on my laptop, but I would really like to use my tablet for it.. but I cna't find an app that works well enough.  Details Reply Post time 2014-1-27 09:20
Thank you very much  Details Reply Post time 2013-9-2 17:46
I'm really glad I got the one with the pen. The program was pre installed.  Post time 2013-8-14 03:16

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-14 04:43
| Show all posts
I find a stylus doesn't work on mine.   I have a few pdf's and jpg charts on mine for stitching, but I still like having a paper copy!

Comments

You have to have one that is made for the pen. It's got special stuff in the screen to sense it.  Post time 2013-8-14 05:59

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-14 07:39
| Show all posts
Me gusta pero pero es muy caro, así que paso con los gráficos de papel

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-14 08:10
| Show all posts
I would be great if we could use the ipad for our patterns, what is the brand and type? Maybe I should find this one too ;P

Comments

Try the app Goodnotes that's the one I'm using on my ipad . It's pretty good I like it.  Details Reply Post time 2013-8-29 21:28
thanks a lot for your info Candy :)  Post time 2013-8-14 17:46
The program is PS Touch (photo shop). There's another program I found, sketchbook pro, that's better, but harder to use.  Post time 2013-8-14 10:20
oh yes Candy, for the program pre-installed, what program is it?  Post time 2013-8-14 09:23
thans for the info Candy, I think I should get one :)  Post time 2013-8-14 09:19
It's a Samsung galaxy note 10. So far I love it.  Post time 2013-8-14 08:41

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-14 09:00
| Show all posts
WOW! Way to go. Bet our GGrandmothers would love to have had one of these.

Comments

This would be so good for us who are getting older and eyes are not as good as they used to be.  Details Reply Post time 2013-8-14 10:52
Yes, especially since they didn't have the lighting we do. This is really bright even without a light.  Post time 2013-8-14 10:24

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-14 10:52
| Show all posts
Lindy Lou replied at 2013-8-14 10:00
WOW! Way to go. Bet our GGrandmothers would love to have had one of these.

This would be so good for us who are getting older and eyes are not as good as they used to be.

Comments

I have been enlarging my patterns, and getting brighter lights for quite a while now. I can make this as big as I want, and it's really bright.  Post time 2013-8-14 22:00

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-14 18:17
| Show all posts
That's awesome! I know I have a list of cross stitch/beading programs that are the best for i-Pad. I read it on the main Yahoo news site one day and copied it to a list to put on my i-Pad.

When I find it I will post it on the forum. I was into beading last year, then decided to go back to cross stitch after finding all my stuff from years ago.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-15 07:45
| Show all posts
That looks very neat. Too bad tablets and I don't get along ;P Congratulations on your present though, it looks really useful!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-17 12:43
| Show all posts
OH MY GOODNESSS...that is incredible...I love the idea and am going to see if I can download an app....there is one fabulous idea for all us nearly blind stitchers....:lol

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-24 00:41 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.084256 sec., 18 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list